The General Greene is now a cafe-type place from 7am-4pm. This is awesome, like we now have our very own Balthazar.
Posts Tagged ‘Restaurants’
A new restaurant by former Perry Street sous-chef Tyler Kord is coming to 7 Greene Avenue, according to New York Magazine.
New blog Clinton Hill Foodie turned us on to this rundown of the Myrtle Avenue restaurants on Gridskipper. CHF vouches for Maggie Brown’s and Il Torchio, and I agree, although I’d add Castro’s to my list of favorites.
Gridskipper overlooked Zaytoons, which I also love, and Abistro, which is just a few steps off of Myrtle, and also wonderful. They also forgot Thai 101, and probably some others that I’m failing to think of.
We’ve compiled a list of our favorite dishes at Fort Greene spots:
- Black bean avocado salad at Pequena
- Coconut ice-cream at Bittersweet
- The Cape Capensis fish at Madiba
- The eggs with cheddar and chives at Maggie Brown
- The Cuban sandwich at Mojitos
- The beef ribs at The Smoke Joint
- Grits at Little Piggy
- Veggie burrito at Habana Outpost
- Potato pancakes at Junior’s
- Veggie Pizza at Black Iris
What are your favs?
I spoke by email to someone from Habana Outpost about the rumor that they’ll remain open this winter — sadly, they won’t. But he did say that they are considering it for next year.
I for one, would happily continue to frequent the restaurant in the winter. Cravings for that veggie burrito don’t disappear with the warm weather!